SafeTALK: Suicide Alertness for Everyone
SafeTALK is a 3-hour training designed to ensure that people with thoughts of suicide are connected to helpers who are prepared to provide first-aid interventions.
As part of the University of Toronto's commitment to create a suicide-safer community on campus, the Student and Campus Community Development Office in collaboration with the Health and Wellness Centre, is offering safeTALK workshops to students throughout the year.
How it works
The workshop is delivered by U of T staff and is part of a University-wide suicide prevention strategy. Through examples in video, small group discussion and scenario practice, you will learn practical steps to help activate a suicide alert that connects people having thoughts of suicide with more specialized intervention care and relevant resources.
All participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the whole training. If you arrive late to the session, or leave early, you will not receive the safeTALK certificate.
To claim your Co-Curricular Record (CCR) Recognition for safeTALK, you would need to take part in safeTALK reflection, which will be sent to you 6-8 weeks after attending safeTALK. Your participation will be validated 2-4 weeks after you complete the reflection.
The safeTALK workshop was designed by Living Works, international leaders in suicide prevention programs.
- Friday, October 12, 1:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Monday October 29, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 13, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 29, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, January 21, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 12, 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 6, 9:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 21, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 16, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 18, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, July 10, 1:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.
SafeTALK is free for all students currently studying at University of Toronto.
If you would like more information about safeTALK training, contact Cecilia Amoakohene at cecilia.amoakohene@ ucw88 da ga www.wisdomgettingloaded.com.